How do I use a dial-up connection on Mac Pro. I need to use a land line for data transfers.
1 Answer from the Community
Here are all steps to use a PPP. It is also available on apple's website support.
1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
2. From the View menu, choose Network.
3. Choose "Internal Modem" from the Show pop-up menu (or the "Configure" pop-up menu prior to Mac OS X v10.1). If your computer does not have a built-in modem, select your external modem.
4. Mac OS X v10.5 or later: From the Configuration pop-up menu, choose Add Configuration. Mac OS X 10.4.x or earlier: Click the PPP tab.
5. Enter your information into the relevant fields. Your username goes in the Account Name field, for example. If you want to copy this connection information to other user accounts on this computer, select "Save password".
6. You should now be able to connect. If you need to configure DNS servers or other advanced settings, continue to the next step.
7. Mac OS X v10.5 or later: Click the Advanced button, then click the DNS tab.
Mac OS X v10.4 or earlier: Click the TCP/IP tab. Choose either PPP or Manually from the Configure pop-up menu, as instructed by your Internet service provider. If configuring manually, type the IP address in the matching field.
8. Type the DNS server addresses in their field if necessary (click the "+" button first in Mac OS X v10.5 or later).
9. Click OK.
10. Click Apply (or Apply Now for Mac OS X v10.4 or earlier).
- Answered by Sara K from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does it need land line to fax
- Asked by Mansoor Q from New York
- Mar 10, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (does it need land line to fax)
- Asked about: HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer
No answers yet
can thi be used with a land line connection
- Asked by Charles B from Toms River
- Mar 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can thi be used with a land line connection)
- Asked about: Chamberlain MyQ Garage Universal Ga…
No answers yet