Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?
Early 2006 iMac Intel Duo with original white keyboard doesn't allow BlackBerry to operate (says there is not enough power) using one of that keyboard's USB ports. Using Snow Leopard.
- Asked by Lynn Q from Harriston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?)
6 Answers from the Community
The keyboard USB ports operate on USB 1.1, which does not provide enough power to support some bus-powered devices. It also does not support the higher transfer speeds or other upgraded features of USB 2.0, which is what the ports are on the rear of your iMac.
- Answered by Jared V from Newtonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The specifications of this keyboard differ from the older model, and should allow it to work. However, you should still try out your Blackberry by plugging it into the keyboard at a local Apple store or dealer.
- Answered by James R from Huntington Station
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You can experience the same issue with this keyboard. Make sure you test it before you buy.
- Answered by Tobiasz U
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Anything that can use low power usb can use the port on the keyboard (usb flash drive or anything self powered normally). A laptop sized external hard drive that requires higher power to run can not.
- Answered by Graydon S from Orem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
- Answered by Michael S from Gouldsboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
No, The USB ports on this keyboard are not powered. They are really only good for things like thumb drives, or devices that do not need to draw power from the usb to run.
- Answered by Matthew S from Canton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
can I use this port to run my Sonos stero system.
- Asked by Bruce B from Bellevue
- Feb 3, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this port to run my Sonos stero system.)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Can I connect the lightening dock to the USB port on the Airport Router instead of on the iMac for charging and syncing ?
- Asked by Theo M from Magnolia
- Sep 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the lightening dock to the USB port on the Airport Router instead of on the iMac for charging and syncing ?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - Rose Gold