Can I plug my Logitech mouse's dongle into the external USB ports on Apple's keyboard with keypad? Are the USB 2.0 ports backwards compatible w/ 1.0?
I need to replace my old Apple keyboard and I am considering the new Apple Keyboard with Keypad. My old keyboard has two external USB ports which I can plug my Logitech mouse into - my Logitech mouse is not USB 2.0 specifically. I've seem some comment that the USB 2.0 connectors on Apple's new keyboards are proprietary in some way or not backwards compatible with USB 1.0 devices.
I need to know if I can plug my current Logitech mouse dongle into the external USB ports on Apples new keyboard before I purchase it. Can someone please provide additional information?
1 Answer from the Community
USB 2.0 ports work with USB 1.0 devices plugged into them. But the ports on the keyboard are not USB 2.0, they are low-speed and low-power ports.
- Answered by Tim M from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What type of USB port is the Blue Yeti, Is it USB 1.0 or 2.0?
- Asked by Hannah P from Marietta
- Jan 24, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What type of USB port is the Blue Yeti, Is it USB 1.0 or 2.0?)
- Asked about: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphon…
Are USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt compatible, is there an adapter presently on the market? If not can I upgrade my USB 2.0 to 3.0 on my Macbook?
- Asked by Joshua T from South Abington Township
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt compatible, is there an adapter presently on the market? If not can I upgrade my USB 2.0 to 3.0 on my Macbook?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…