Can I use this keyboard at work on a PC that is using Windows 7 Enterprise OS?
I love this keyboard and do not like the basic logictech keyboard that I am provided with at work. My company does not use Apple products; however, I would like to buy an Apple keyboard (wired with numeric keypad) and use it with my PC at work. Is this possible without having system adminstrator permissions on my PC?
- Asked by Mike G from St Albert
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard at work on a PC that is using Windows 7 Enterprise OS?)
1 Answer from the Community
It should work fine, unless you want the secondary functions of the "F keys" to work - without Boot Camp software, the volume keys will not operate, for example.
Older versions of Boot Camp support software will work on some generic Windows PCs - I've had good luck with 3.1 and 3.3, I believe, but you should not at any point install a 4.# or 5.# version - they do not uninstall cleanly, and you cannot downgrade to the functional 3.x branch without reinstalling windows.
If all you want is a nice keyboard with short-throw buttons, then it'll work great and the only thing you give up is the rarely-used "ins" key; a "function" key replaces it.
- Answered by Ian G from Winter Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can it be used on a windows based OS?
- Asked by Arnold R from Stockton
- Mar 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used on a windows based OS?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input
will this work on windows 7 (copied)?
- Asked by Hasan B from Kuala Lumpur
- Mar 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work on windows 7 (copied)?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard