Can you program the F16, 17, 18, and 19 keys to pop up a calculator?
- Asked by Samuel P R from Bethlehem
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you program the F16, 17, 18, and 19 keys to pop up a calculator?)
3 Answers from the Community
Unfortunately that answer does not work. Going to App shortcuts allows you to assign F19 for example but does not give you an action for F19. I can title it TAB for instance but cannot assign the Tab key to F19.
- Answered by Leslie Ann J from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There is a calculator available in the "Dashboard" functionality in OS-X, which is accessed via the F-13 key.
- Answered by Justin G from Woodburn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Go to the Apple symbol at the top left of your screen, click it.
System Preferences will be the 4th item down the list, click it.
Look for the Hardware line of icons that appears, click Keyboard.
Click Keyboard Shortcuts.
On the left side of the window, notice Application Shortcuts, click it.
Look for a + sign in the lower third of the window, click it to add an application. The applications window will appear, look for and select Calculator.
Type Calculator (or some name you prefer to reference Calculator) in the Menu Title cell.
Select the Keyboard Shortcut cell and press the F16 (or 17, 18, 19 key) to select it as your shortcut to Calculator.
Close System Preferences and you are done!
- Answered by David S from Halifax
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
new macbook air 11' upgraded to 1.8GHz processor and 256GB storage
- Asked by Ana B from Ann Arbor
- Jul 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (new macbook air 11' upgraded to 1.8GHz processor and 256GB storage)
- Asked about: Mac
pop out clip - what is it for?
- Asked by William V from San Jose
- Aug 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (pop out clip - what is it for?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…