Difference between MB110LL/A and MB110LL/B in the wired keyboard?
Part numbers have changed, but is there any other difference?
- Asked by Janis M from Boise
- Flag as inappropriate (Difference between MB110LL/A and MB110LL/B in the wired keyboard?)
6 Answers from the Community
According to other sources I've read...
MB110LL/A: Leopard/Snow Leopard keyboard.
MB110LL/B: Lion keyboard.
* F3 & F4 keys are silk screened with different icons to represent Lion's functionality.
Looking at the boxes personally...
The MB110LL/A box requirements state:
Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later.
The MB110LL/B box requirements state:
Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later.
- Answered by Barry C from Sudbury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later is required for the Function keys to work with the MB110LL/B, though I think only 10.7 (Lion) supports F3 and F4. The escape key and all the other keys below the top row will work fine on any Mac running OS X 10.4.10 and up.
- Answered by Andy M from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The top row of keys do not function as labeled if you use the /B keyboard with mac OSX 10.5.8. For example: the volume up key does dash board.
- Answered by Patrick S from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
This keyboard (MB110LL/B) will not work with Windows XP on a Boot Camp 3.2 partition. You MUST have OSX 10.6.8 or later, Windows 7 and Boot Camp 3.3 in order for the Apple special keys to work with Windows XP. I wish Apple would make a Boot Camp update that makes the MB110LL/B keyboard compatible with Windows XP.
- Answered by Albert C from Havelock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I have been researching the same thing and can't find an answer. I see that people report the bluetooth keyboard update just had a Exposé and dashboard key swap, but in looking-up tons of images of the wired MB110LL/A and /B keyboards, I don't see ANY differences. The F3 and F4 keys seem to have the same markings in both models. Can anyone confirm?
- Answered by Kevin L from Coarsegold
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
From a mechanical standpoint, the hinges have been reversed under the keys.
I tried to replace a missing key on a mb110ll/b with a key from a mb110ll/a. No go! Apple decided to mess with us and reverse the hinges on most or all of the keys.
They are the same model #: A1243
Maybe you don't mind the keys upside down?
- Answered by Andy K from Egg Harbor Township
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Do they offer different cuff sizes?
- Asked by Philip M from Lompoc
- Sep 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they offer different cuff sizes?)
- Asked about: Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Mo…
No answers yet
Does the Smart Keyboard come in different colors? To match the case?
- Asked by Usha M from Dickson
- Apr 16, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Smart Keyboard come in different colors? To match the case?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 12.9-inch iPad P…