how can I make the "Home" and "End" keys on the Apple Extended Keyboard work as line commands rather than Page commands?
ie pressing "Home" key makes cursor jump to beginning of current line of text, and pressing the "End" key makes cursor jump to the end of the line of text.
6 Answers from the Community
i just found out that if you press the 'Fn" key in conjunction with the arrow keys this works..
Fn+Left/Right arrows = Home & End
Fn+Up/Down Keys = Pg Up & Pg Down
- Answered by Palakattu Glax G from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I had been a PC user all my life and bought my first Mac about a year back. I installed Parallels and have been using Microsoft Excel and Word in my Mac since then. I had also been looking for similar solution since last 10 months. Happy to share with every one that there is a very simple solution for Home and End key in a Mac Keyboard.
Home : fn+control+Left Arrow (Works exactly similar to Windows Home key)
End : fn+control+Right Arrow
Page Up : fn+Up Arrow
Page Down : fn+Down Arrow
Very pleased with the result.
- Answered by Seetharaman V P from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
While this does not directly answer the question a cmd+right arrow moves you to the end of the sentence and the cmd+left arrow moves you to the start. Also the opt+right arrow moves you to the end of a word while opt+left arrow moves you to the start of a word. Unless someone comes up with a modifier you will need to go to some keyboard program like simple keys to redefine the keys. I do not think you can redefine there actions in the keyboard preference.
- Answered by Thomas B from Montague
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Looks like if you use these buttons it will work just like home and end, just tried them now on Mac:Word;
Home: cmd+fn+left arrow
End: cmd+fn+right arrow
- Answered by Shawn S from Morgan Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Please try the following commands:
HOME: Command + Left arrow
END: Command + Right arrow
Page up: fn + Up arrow
Page down: fn + Down arrow
- Answered by Ahmed Galib R from Yuseong-gu
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Checked the answers posted here but the options for Home and End keys (fn+left/right arrows) working exactly in web pages and it is not working in the Office 365 for mac software. Command + down/up arrows works in Outlook under Office 365 for Mac but in word its not working - I tried but the cursor is not at all moving. Is there any update on this?
- Answered by Jayakrishnan P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Are the home and end keys supported?
- Asked by Jonty L from Saffron Walden
- Apr 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the home and end keys supported?)
- Asked about: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K7…
Does this product work through Apple's HomeKit via using voice commands through Siri?
- Asked by Ivan K from Sacramento
- Oct 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product work through Apple's HomeKit via using voice commands through Siri?)
- Asked about: Chamberlain MyQ Garage Universal Ga…
Can the remote be programmed to trigger a command or function?
- Asked by Timothy C from Redwood City
- Apr 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the remote be programmed to trigger a command or function?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote