will i be able to select a boot option such as a cd or other commands that may require me holding down the command key on a g3,g4,g5(via usb)?
i want to boot into the installer cd but on a windows keyboard and it won't let me. Also the computer is a G3 running 10.4.2 and the keyboard is wireless. I fix computers and i just wanted to know if i could use this keyboard to use boot options with other mac's. Thanks.
1 Answer from the Community
Holding down the Option key during startup will give you option of which available bootable device/drives to boot from. Holding down C key during starttup will boot into a bootable DVD. Else pre-set the startup drive/source in system preferences.
- Answered by Mark P from Malvern
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?
- Asked by Michael O from Oxnard
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can the remote be programmed to trigger a command or function?
- Asked by Timothy C from Redwood City
- Apr 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the remote be programmed to trigger a command or function?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
Where can I find a list of all the functions of the keys of the keyboard?
- Asked by Solveig E from Eugene
- Mar 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find a list of all the functions of the keys of the keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English