will this keyboard work with the ipad2?
- Asked by Terry K from Jasper
- Flag as inappropriate (will this keyboard work with the ipad2?)
2 Answers from the Community
The short answer is unfortunately no; the iPad uses Apple's proprietary dock connector to interface with peripherals. You can, however, connect a Bluetooth Keyboard, such as the Apple Wireless Keyboard. The iPad Keyboard Dock for the first generation iPad kinda works, but it is hampered by the new shape of the iPad 2.
It was, at one stage, possible to connect a standard USB keyboard to the iPad using Apple's Camera Connection Kit, however since iOS 4.2 was released this is no longer possible because the device no longer supplies enough power to the USB peripheral. This is the case with both the 1st gen iPad and the iPad 2.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Andrew K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, because the iPad2 doesn't have a USB port.
- Answered by Lynneda M from Granbury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this keyboard pair with the iPad 2 Air??
- Asked by Robert H from Cottonwood Heights
- Feb 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this keyboard pair with the iPad 2 Air??)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
does this work for the iPad, not the iPad 2
- Asked by Glenn S from Center Harbor
- Nov 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work for the iPad, not the iPad 2)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input