WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI
I have MAC MINI (Serial #G87221GMWOD), MODELIDENTIFIER "macmini1,1", (1.83 GHz), Intel Core Duo, 2 cores, 2 GB.
I currently have one monitor. a ViewSonic
Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
I would like to add another monitor similar to my current ViewSonic, except for a larger display (22").
As I am not technically inclined, not to mention I'm 81 years old, I would appreciate your information as to how to setup/attach the new monitor to my current setup. The end result being that both monitors display the same information.
I appreciate and thank you for any assistance may be able to pass along to me.
Very truly you,
Franklin B. Dreyer
- Asked by Franklin B. D from North Quincy
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI)
1 Answer from the Community
Hi Mr. Dreyer,
Unfortunately the model of Mac Mini that you have only supports one monitor. The new model that was recently released has two display outputs (Mini DVI and Mini DisplayPort) whereas yours only has one (Mini DVI).
I am unaware of any method for splitting that single display output to allow it to connect to two monitors. I'm very sorry
- Alex R.
- Answered by Alex R from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Would this setup work? Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV? 2560x1600?
- Asked by Luke K
- Mar 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this setup work? Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV? 2560x1600?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
how can i use any dual display monitors for mac mini
- Asked by Francis L from Richmond
- May 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i use any dual display monitors for mac mini)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)