How do you add bluetooth to a Mac Pro?
- Asked by Brian L from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you add bluetooth to a Mac Pro?)
7 Answers from the Community
Dlink makes usb/bluetooth adapter I have used one on my mac pro for years, It works perfectly.
- Answered by Joe S from Pikesville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Most new Mac Pros come with Bluetooth 2.0 EDR from the factory. If yours does not have BT 2.0, you can buy a cheap USB dongle to add the functionality. Just make sure you research compatibility with OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) before buying.
It does not even need to be expensive, most $5 dongles work just fine.
- Answered by Philippe P from Quebec
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Depending what model of the Mac Pro you have, it might already have bluetooth installed. Check for the bluetooth hardware in System Preferences. If it is not there, then you can always buy a usb bluetooth adapter.
- Answered by Tho T from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
If your Mac doesn't have bluetooth built-in, you can buy a bluetooth usb dongle.
- Answered by Timothy M from Aiken
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I have a Ma Pro 1,1 2006 and just added a Rocketfish 2.1 Bluetooth Adapter to it. Worked like magic. No drivers needed.
- Answered by Alexzandara L from Oak Lawn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Take the machine to your local Apple store and they can install the correct module, along with the antennas that go with it. You might be able to walk into a store and buy it but I'm not 100% sure. There are also usb bluetooth dongle things that also will give you bluetooth capability on a machine without it.
- Answered by Elliot R from Greenlawn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Works perfect on my 2008 Mac Pro.
- Answered by Joel F from Indio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Can I use the Bluetooth? How?
- Asked by Gretta S from Lima
- Nov 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Bluetooth? How?)
- Asked about: Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones
can i add another monitor to an imac?
- Asked by Mary R from Jackson
- Jun 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i add another monitor to an imac?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet