How long will those two rubber bumper strips hold up without a mousepad underneath? e.g. Wood/glass desk? Contrarily how will the desk hold up?
3 Answers from the Community
The Magic Mouse does not work at all when used directly on top of my glass top desk. When placed on a standard $7-$10 mousepad from an office supply store, it is extremely sluggish. I have not yet tried a better mousepad. It works quite well when used on a copy of "Spore: The Official Game Guide"... ;)
- Answered by Carla H from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If we take the old Mighty Mouse as an example, which has a similar rubber circular strip at its base. The rubber strip will last a long time, usually wearing down where your hand rests.
We have two Mighty Mice in our household. The one used on a glass surface has little wear. The one on the wood surface has worn down the laminate (minimally) and has suffered greater wear. Both have been in use for more than 3 years.
That will change soon though, as we will be upgrading to the new Magic Mouse.
- Answered by Gerardo M from Concord
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The bottom does NOT have rubber bumper strips. They are plastic. The body of the mouse is constructed from aluminum. The top is clear acrylic plastic which scratches very easily. The bottom are two black plastic beams. They keep if off the tracking surface. They are made from a strong plastic and should stand up very well to your tracking surface. That is why they are there in the first place! If it is on wood, it will mostly be worn faster. On glass, the mouse generally will not work anyway. As for the surface of the desk, wood will be the worst if not laminated good. If it is not too smooth, it will wear a lot more.
- Answered by Andrew O from Doylestown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How long will this hold a charge between uses/recharges?
- Asked by Jason G from Green Bay
- Dec 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How long will this hold a charge between uses/recharges?)
- Asked about: Incase Portable Power 5400
Will this desk mount work with a tempered glass desk?
- Asked by Mike C from Cranston
- Mar 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this desk mount work with a tempered glass desk?)
- Asked about: Ergotron MX Desk Mount LCD Arm
can I use the wired keyboard at my desk and use the wireless from my couch without having to unplug the wired one?
- Asked by Rebecca W from Kindersley
- Apr 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the wired keyboard at my desk and use the wireless from my couch without having to unplug the wired one?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English