I purchased a Magic Mouse when they first came out. Is buying a new one give you an updated version? Do they wear out over time? Thanks, Stan
1 Answer from the Community
I think mine did wear out.
After experiencing drop-outs (random disconnections) and the mysterious cursor "jiggling" in some applications, I finally decided to get a new Magic Mouse to see if it made a difference: it did.
Comparing the feel of the old and the new, the "click" sensation on the new mouse is much more crisp, and so far I've had zero problems with the jiggling cursor.
There's a fair amount of dust and pollen in my environment, so I used canned air on the sensor bulbs in the old mouse from time to time, which has a brief salutary effect on the "jiggling" problem, but it always came back. My guess is that the microswitch that clicks in the mouse may have become fouled with dust, possibly causing some problems.
At $79 for an instant fix, I'm pleased with the result.
- Answered by Christopher O from Beaverton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
When it comes the new one? Thanks
- Asked by Pedro B from Recife
- Oct 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When it comes the new one? Thanks)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
No answers yet
can I use the new version in more than one computer?
- Asked by Maria C
- Aug 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the new version in more than one computer?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)