Can you use this remote in your truck will the ipod is plugged into the stero system as an aux. system?
- Asked by Mark L from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this remote in your truck will the ipod is plugged into the stero system as an aux. system?)
1 Answer from the Community
I asked this a while ago too, I got this: The Apple Remote uses a RF signal, and only controls the RF receivers used in Macs, and the Universal Dock. iPods, and iPhone models do not have the receiver built into the device. therefor, no. If your truck is equipped with an iPod connector, the same one you use to sync and charge it, your truck's stereo unit should have it's own remote. If it uses the 3.5 mm headphone jack to play songs. there is no way to remotely control the iPod, alone. There are 3rd party adapters that can do the job though. EX: The TuneFlex AUX SmartClick - Car mount, charger and remote control for iPod and iPhone. I would include a link to the site, but it says "i have entered inappropriate text" but Google the name and it should take you right there.
- Answered by Tucker H from New Braunfels
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I use this port to run my Sonos stero system.
- Asked by Bruce B from Bellevue
- Feb 3, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this port to run my Sonos stero system.)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
does the supedrive down load a op system when plugged in
- Asked by Francis W from Mililani
- May 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does the supedrive down load a op system when plugged in)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive