Can I mount it vertically?
I would like to use it in a classroom that has an interactive whiteboard (Epson BrightLink). While it seems the trackpad is intended for a horizontal orientation, I can see vertically mounting it next to the projecting screen to have the gestures capability. Would this type of mounting work? And, any ideas how to do it so as not to damage the trackpad?
- Asked by Gregory R from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I mount it vertically?)
1 Answer from the Community
-Mount a 5.140" x 4.5" x 5/8" block of wood flat on the wall horizontally
-embed two or three small powerful magnets about 1/2" from the top edge of the block of wood, evenly spaced, facing outward
-glue 5" x 1/8" x 5/8" strips of wood to the left and right sides of the block of wood so you get two 1/2" tall horns to keep the Trackpad from sliding horizontally
-glue a 1" x 4 7/8" x 1/16" piece of steel to the back of the Magic Trackpad horizontally right next to the battery compartment
To use it:
-place the Magic Trackpad so the battery compartment hangs over the top edge of the block of wood (the magnets will hold in place)
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Displaying from an iPad to a vertically mounted TV
- Asked by Damon O from Calgary
- Jun 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Displaying from an iPad to a vertically mounted TV)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Does this mount it to a wall?
- Asked by Noah G from Vancouver
- Jan 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this mount it to a wall?)
- Asked about: H-Squared tvTray
Can you mount the iPad mini in horizontal display, or only vertical? Thank you.
- Asked by Anna E from Medway
- Mar 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you mount the iPad mini in horizontal display, or only vertical? Thank you.)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Stand for iPhon…