Can I use the Magic TrackPad on a 6 mo. old iMac & yr. old Mac Book at different times without setting it for both?
3 Answers from the Community
I don't see why it would be any different from a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse in this regard. In short, it can be shared, but if the computers are near to each other it requires temporarily turning off Bluetooth on the computer to which the device is currently attached.
- Answered by Graeme H from Burnaby
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I'm using it with an iMac and a MacBook. It advisable to delete the pairing in Bluetooth preferences before switching to the other computer as the Trackpad remembers which computer its paired to so it doesn't move the wrong computer's cursor. It's quick and easy to do.
- Answered by Davinder K from Leicester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You need to have the latest OS or at least snow leopord
- Answered by Nick H from Calabasas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini
- Asked by Matt D from Winston Salem
- Nov 17, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
An old dummy, new to Mac, but willing to learn. Do I need the
- Asked by Peter L from Tullahoma
- Feb 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (An old dummy, new to Mac, but willing to learn. Do I need the)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard