Will this product work in Windows (either on a PC or using Bootcamp on a Mac)?
- Asked by Kester S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product work in Windows (either on a PC or using Bootcamp on a Mac)?)
4 Answers from the Community
The Magic Trackpad will work on your Mac computer while running bootcamp, and if you have all of the recommended software updates i.e. OS X 6.4 and the trackpad 1.0 update, you can take advantage of all the functionality and gestures of this wonderful device. As for functioning on a PC, apple has released drivers that will allow the trackpad to work with basic functionality or for it to work simular to a laptop PC trackpad running windows. But to take advantage of all this device has to offer it would be best if used on a Mac running OX 6.4 or later.
- Answered by Tyrone G from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, it will work in Windows using the Apple drivers, but much of the functionality (gestures) is not present in Windows. Whether this is a software issue (i.e. Windows does not support gestures) or a limitation of the drivers is unclear. In Windows, you can expect single-click, two-finger right-click, and dragging, but that's about it.
- Answered by Carl S from Fort Worth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Please see my other response concerning PC compatibilty.
Simply put - yes, with the correct Apple drivers.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Darren H from Grenoble
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, the trackpad will work using BootCamp. Make sure to run Apple Update before attempting to use the trackpad.
- Answered by Zachary P from Midvale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is a Windows PC better than a Mac
- Asked by Chandira G
- Mar 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a Windows PC better than a Mac)
- Asked about: Mac
lost my 10.5 discs for bootcamp drivers.
- Asked by Maarten S from Tildonk
- Feb 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (lost my 10.5 discs for bootcamp drivers.)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
No answers yet