Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?
I have a newer Mac and my husband has one about 8 years old. Will one router
work for both? I also have an ipad, iphone and ipod.
- Asked by Janet H from Billings
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?)
2 Answers from the Community
I use it with 2 cables. one goes to my mac mini, and the other goes to my Satellite box. both get wifi access to my airport extreme. i have switched both to the wan and lan, and it does not matter which goes where, it works
- Answered by Tony C from Valencia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If one or both Macs have Wi-Fi capabilities, you will not have a problem. However, if you wish to use Ethernet (hard wire) on both, you will need an additional Ethernet hub or switch, as the express only has one Ethernet port for devices.. The iDevices will all work on the router without any problems.
- Answered by Van A from Northford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Connecting two displays to an imac 27 (stronger graphic card)
- Asked by Erich H B
- Dec 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting two displays to an imac 27 (stronger graphic card))
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
will it work on the desktop computers
- Asked by Lisa S from Clearfield
- Jan 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work on the desktop computers)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive