Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?
I have a newer Mac and my husband has one about 8 years old. Will one router
work for both? I also have an ipad, iphone and ipod.
- Asked by Janet H from Billings
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?)
2 Answers from the Community
I use it with 2 cables. one goes to my mac mini, and the other goes to my Satellite box. both get wifi access to my airport extreme. i have switched both to the wan and lan, and it does not matter which goes where, it works
- Answered by Tony C from Valencia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If one or both Macs have Wi-Fi capabilities, you will not have a problem. However, if you wish to use Ethernet (hard wire) on both, you will need an additional Ethernet hub or switch, as the express only has one Ethernet port for devices.. The iDevices will all work on the router without any problems.
- Answered by Van A from Northford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I connect a d-link router and bridge to the apple time capsule?
- Asked by Marcos D from Muttontown
- Mar 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect a d-link router and bridge to the apple time capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB