Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?
For example, I'm thinking about purchasing the B & W MM-1 speaker system. The speakers have there own 9-volt power supply. They get their signal from USB. Can I plug them into the USB and make them function? I know there's a 3.5mm jack, however, I'd prefer to use USB.
- Asked by Jason S from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?)
1 Answer from the Community
No. USB is for Hard Drives and Printers only.
- Answered by John B from Palm Harbor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?
- Asked by Garrison C from Fairbanks
- Feb 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter