Does anyone know if roaming/handover performance is improved on this new model?
The old Airport Express had a tendency to 'cling' to wireless clients, particularly iOS clients, when roaming between more than one Airport Express on a network. I've found other access points 'hand over' much better than the old Airport Express (such as the Ubiquiti Unifi) - does anyone know if this has been addressed on this new model?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. I just connected to two second generation Airport Express's and they now handover seamlessly (tested on a on an iPad & iPhone). My old Airport Express used to cling to them like mad so I ended up having to run it as a separate SSID.
- Answered by Jack G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Improvement between the 2009 MacBook pro and the 2015 one?
- Asked by Marieke H
- Mar 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Improvement between the 2009 MacBook pro and the 2015 one?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can one Airport Extreme (802.11ac) improve the performance of a new iMac (802.11ac) in a small Airport network?
- Asked by Dennis H from Santa Cruz
- Dec 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can one Airport Extreme (802.11ac) improve the performance of a new iMac (802.11ac) in a small Airport network?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme