What cable/s are needed to connect it to a stereo?
- Asked by Stewart F from Fremont
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable/s are needed to connect it to a stereo?)
1 Answer from the Community
I had the same question and was surprised no one had answered yours, so I went looking for the answer. Here's the information from the set-up guide in the support section for the Airport Express:
If you connect AirPort Express to your stereo or powered speakers, you can use AirPlay to play music from iTunes on any computer or from an iOS device on your network.
To set it up:
Connect the Audio Out port on your AirPort Express to your home stereo or powered speakers. Use a digital fiber optic cable, an analog mini-stereo-to dual-RCA cable, or a mini-stereo to mini-stereo cable, depending on what type of connectors your stereo uses.
Note: You cannot use USB speakers with your AirPort Express. Use powered speakers with a stereo mini-jack connector.
- Answered by Dr David H from Severn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Cable to connect macbook to stereo
- Asked by Sally H from London
- Oct 1, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Cable to connect macbook to stereo)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
can i use this cable to connect my ipod to my stereo
- Asked by Mathew L
- May 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this cable to connect my ipod to my stereo)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable