Apple 45W MagSafe Power adaptor states 110-240V, the plug itself states 125V. Is it safe to plug into 220V socket? Is power converter needed?
The cord's plug also states 125V.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, your regular household outlets are generally 110V in North America. However if you travel (use the Apple World Travel Adapter Kit) to lets say UK for example, their plugs are 220V. You just switch the plug on the end of the power adapter for a UK style plug and your power adapter is ready to be plugged in, No converters are needed and Yes it is safe. Most Apple products have this feature.
The cord can be used for 125V only then, The plugs are best to use when travelling outside of North America.
Hope this helps :)
- Answered by Matthew S from Prince George
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it works in 110 - 220 v?
- Asked by Diego K
- Nov 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it works in 110 - 220 v?)
- Asked about: Epson Expression Premium XP-620 Sma…
No answers yet
Does this product accept 220v - 240v power when in Spain?
- Asked by Christopher Z from San Francisco
- Aug 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product accept 220v - 240v power when in Spain?)
- Asked about: Kensington International Plug Adapt…
I recently bought an iMac. The power cord says 10A 125V, but on the specs says 100-240V. And the wall socket is 220V. Can I plug it?
- Asked by Ignacio D from Key Biscayne
- Nov 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I recently bought an iMac. The power cord says 10A 125V, but on the specs says 100-240V. And the wall socket is 220V. Can I plug it?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable