Can I use the 85W mad safe power adapter that I bought in the US in London? Or do I need to buy a voltage converter on top of plug adapters?
I use a 85W magsafe adapter from the US for my 15 inch-Macbook Pro, and I just want to know if I will be able to use that power cord while in London. I know I need the plug adapters, but I am not sure if I need a voltage converter as well.
1 Answer from the Community
On the side there should be a sticker saying input: 100-240V or something like it. This means the adapter can be used in regions where the voltage is between 100V (110V is US) and 240V (240V is Europe) so yes, you can just use your adapter basically all over the world.
- Answered by Jaap K from Guanaba
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use 85 w magsafe power extension cord with my newer 60w power adapter?
- Asked by Kerrie S from North Weymouth
- Jul 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use 85 w magsafe power extension cord with my newer 60w power adapter?)
Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
What is the difference between the two power adapters?
- Asked by Deborah E from Canby
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the two power adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…