can I use the power adapter in the US or do I need to buy an American one as well? My concern is the both voltage and amperage.
1 Answer from the Community
You can use the power supply in the US, all you need is the Apple World Travel Adapter part number MB974ZM from the apple store.
"The World Travel Adapter Kit includes a USB power adapter, a USB cable, and a set of six AC plugs with prongs that fit different electrical outlets around the world. For world travelers, this is the perfect kit to ensure power connectivity in most countries you may travel to.
The Kit is designed to work with iPod, iPhone, Apple MagSafe Power Adapters, Portable Power Adapters, and AirPort Express.
The AC plugs included in the World Travel Adapter Kit directly support outlets in North America, Japan, China, United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Korea, Australia, and Hong Kong."
It also works in countries not listed as many countries use the same outlet as those listed. I've yet come across a country I cannot use this kit in.
- Answered by Brian T from Saint Ann
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have one of these that I have purchased from England would I need a voltage adapter to use it in Singapore
- Asked by Jeniz W
- Oct 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have one of these that I have purchased from England would I need a voltage adapter to use it in Singapore)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
What is the power voltage for the AC adapter?
- Asked by Seun W from Oakland
- Nov 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the power voltage for the AC adapter?)
- Asked about: iBaby Monitor M6
No answers yet
I bought my iPad Air in Germany with the european two pin plug. Can I buy only the american power plug to slide onto my adapter?
- Asked by Ron N from Round Lake
- Oct 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought my iPad Air in Germany with the european two pin plug. Can I buy only the american power plug to slide onto my adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter