I saw an OEM comp version of the mag safe adapter. Has anyone tried it and if it works well for a Powerbook G4 15" since mine crackles & sparks.
2 Answers from the Community
PowerBooks do NOT use the MagSafe connection.
MagSafe was only introduced in the MacBook / MacBook Pro range (the Intel based laptops) which spelt the end of the iBook / PowerBook product ranges.
You CANNOT use a MagSafe Power Adaptor to charge a PowerBook.
- Answered by John P from Hobart
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
These adapters are for the MacBook Pro, not the Powerbooks. I have not seen another Magsafe adapter by another manufacturer due to the design being patented. Friends that have used the 3rd party PowerBook adapters have all fried their computers, without exception.
- Answered by David R from Indio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will this product work with a powerbook G4 on an airplane?
- Asked by Janet E from Pacifica
- Mar 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will this product work with a powerbook G4 on an airplane?)
- Asked about: Kensington Auto/Air Power Inverter …
i have10.4.11version what do I DO TO UPGRADE TO MOUNTAIN LION?
- Asked by Stephen P from Livonia
- Dec 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (i have10.4.11version what do I DO TO UPGRADE TO MOUNTAIN LION?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
will this keyboard work on a pc as well?
- Asked by Michael S from Reno
- Apr 5, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (will this keyboard work on a pc as well?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
No answers yet