I want to use my mac book 13 in England and |Ireland, do a need just an adapter plug, or do i need a converter
1 Answer from the Community
You will not need to use a converter, your MagSafe Power Adapter that came with your laptop will automatically regulate the 230-240 volt power that is common in the UK and throughout Europe. You will however need an adapter that will allow you to plug in your US three prong grounded plug into the standard UK 2 prong outlet. Always remember to plug the Apple MagSafe Power Adapter into the UK outlet prior to connecting it to your computer. It’s just a "good practice" safe guard against any power spikes before connecting it to your computer. I have lived in Europe, the Middle East and Asia for fir the last 5 years and have never had an issue when using the standard macbook pro power cord with the appropriate plug adapter for that region.
- Answered by Jess G from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this a three pin plug adapter for usage in England?
- Asked by Gary H
- Nov 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a three pin plug adapter for usage in England?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Will this charger work in india or do I need an converter?
- Asked by Hasel P from Orlando
- Oct 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charger work in india or do I need an converter?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Need help if I should choose a MacBook air or MacBook pro both 13"?!
- Asked by Rona M from Scarborough
- Nov 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Need help if I should choose a MacBook air or MacBook pro both 13"?!)
- Asked about: Mac