Can I install the the iMac OS X install DVD in my MacBook Pro, or I must use the MacBook Pro installer DVD?
I do have one intel MacBook Pro with the OS 10.4.11 yet. As I was told, I must updade my software to OS 10.5 leopard before install the 10.6 Snow Leopard.
My brother just bought a iMac and it comes with the Mac OS 10.5.6 DVD installer. Can use this iMac DVD on my MacBook Pro?
1 Answer from the Community
The gray software restore discs that come with every Mac are designed to be used only with that specific model. An iMac restore disc will not work with a MacBook Pro.
If you are currently using Mac OS X 10.4.11, your best option for upgrading your MacBook Pro to Snow Leopard is to purchase the Mac Box Set for $169, which includes Mac OS X Snow Leopard, iLife '09, and iWork '09.
- Answered by Mike B from Roswell
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My MacBook Pro OS X Version 10.9.5 does not have a DVD drive. How do I install? Thank you, Joe
- Asked by Joe S from Dyersville
- Apr 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (My MacBook Pro OS X Version 10.9.5 does not have a DVD drive. How do I install? Thank you, Joe)
- Asked about: ESET Cyber Security Pro 2014 Editio…
can I install the one purchase of Office on my iMac and my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by F. Blaine D from Kelowna
- Apr 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I install the one purchase of Office on my iMac and my MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office for Mac Home and S…
how do I install to my IMac with no cd or dvd reader
- Asked by Sandra M from Hampton
- Sep 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I install to my IMac with no cd or dvd reader)
- Asked about: ESET Cyber Security 2014 Edition