Can I use the Snow Leopard and Lion upgrades twice, i.e. on two separate lap tops? Or do I need to buy two of each?
3 Answers from the Community
Because they are your personal machines, you may use the disc as many times as you need to upgrade to 10.6.8. As well, Lion you only need to purchase once and you may install it on as many personal machines as you would like. Just sign into the Mac App Store once you reach 10.6.8, Purchase Lion, and you can download it on all your machines.
- Answered by Joshua F from Bowling Green
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You will have to buy two snow leopards or they have a family pack where you get one upgrade with 5 licenses for 30.00$. I had the same question and discovered that it is cheaper to do the family pack. You actually have to call tech support and request the family pack because they don't have it on the website.
- Answered by Jarrod S from Mount Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Snow Leopard DVD should be installed on as many Macs as you purchased licenses. You can have several installations of Snow Leopard on a single Mac (i.e. on different disk partitions). If you install on more Macs than you have licenses for, you should buy more licenses (there are no unique licensing documents... the license "ownership" is implied when you buy the Snow Leopard package.)
The Snow Leopard package is now sold as a single license (for $20). But before Lion was introduced, there was a Snow Leopard family pack that gave you licenses to install on up to 5 Macs in a household. One DVD, 5 licenses.
I do not believe Lion is still available, the current version is Mountain Lion. The Mountain Lion download will be for a single Mac.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can i stack one on top of another if i buy two of them?
- Asked by Benson T
- Jul 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i stack one on top of another if i buy two of them?)
- Asked about: LaCie 3TB Porsche Design Desktop Ha…
Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?
- Asked by Josh H
- Jun 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
If I buy the starter kit do I need to then buy the upgraded Bridge as well? They have two different part numbers.
- Asked by Kimberly L from Ottawa
- Dec 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy the starter kit do I need to then buy the upgraded Bridge as well? They have two different part numbers.)
- Asked about: Philips HUE HomeKit Upgrade Bridge …