Can I use the Snow Leopard and Lion upgrades twice, i.e. on two separate lap tops? Or do I need to buy two of each?
3 Answers from the Community
Because they are your personal machines, you may use the disc as many times as you need to upgrade to 10.6.8. As well, Lion you only need to purchase once and you may install it on as many personal machines as you would like. Just sign into the Mac App Store once you reach 10.6.8, Purchase Lion, and you can download it on all your machines.
- Answered by Joshua F from Bowling Green
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You will have to buy two snow leopards or they have a family pack where you get one upgrade with 5 licenses for 30.00$. I had the same question and discovered that it is cheaper to do the family pack. You actually have to call tech support and request the family pack because they don't have it on the website.
- Answered by Jarrod S from Mount Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Snow Leopard DVD should be installed on as many Macs as you purchased licenses. You can have several installations of Snow Leopard on a single Mac (i.e. on different disk partitions). If you install on more Macs than you have licenses for, you should buy more licenses (there are no unique licensing documents... the license "ownership" is implied when you buy the Snow Leopard package.)
The Snow Leopard package is now sold as a single license (for $20). But before Lion was introduced, there was a Snow Leopard family pack that gave you licenses to install on up to 5 Macs in a household. One DVD, 5 licenses.
I do not believe Lion is still available, the current version is Mountain Lion. The Mountain Lion download will be for a single Mac.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
do i need two separate licences for each computer running office?
- Asked by Judy L
- Jul 26, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need two separate licences for each computer running office?)
- Asked about: Mac
As you can use this with two separate macs will there be a problem if two different people use the same product key or will it sync everything??
- Asked by Christopher L
- Dec 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (As you can use this with two separate macs will there be a problem if two different people use the same product key or will it sync everything??)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office 365 University