Can leopard run on a Power Mac G4
- Asked by Michael H from Danville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can leopard run on a Power Mac G4)
3 Answers from the Community
This appears to be incorrect...you can't run Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) with a PowerPC machine (i.e., G5, G4, etc.) but Leopard (OS X 10.5) appears to work on PowerPC machines:
Unfortunately, I can't add the link to the actual Apple Support article, so go to Apple Support and search for HT3759 which has the requirements for OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
- Answered by Iver W from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've installed OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) on my PowerPC G4, but the docs say 10.6 (Snow Leopard) only runs on Intel.
- Answered by Clara F from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No you can not. You need an Intel processor
- Answered by Ross S from Benicia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
can I use it on a power mac g4 800 mhz leopard OSX ?
- Asked by Steven G from Rock Hill
- Jan 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use it on a power mac g4 800 mhz leopard OSX ?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English