How do I find out the type of processor have? I checked the Apple menu under "About this Mac" and it's not very clear.
I am trying to upgrade to the latest operating system and I want to make sure that I am able to with my current processor.
1 Answer from the Community
When you go to "About This Mac" and read the specs for the processor, it may seem a bit cryptic.
If the phrase "PowerPC" is in the description, you can't upgrade to OS10.6 (Snow Leopard).
If the word "Intel" is in the description, then you are good for Snow Leopard.
But for Lion, the description can not read "Intel Core Duo".
It must read "Intel Core 2 Duo" or have the phrase "Core i3", "Core i5", "Core i7", or "Xeon".
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will I manually need to do system checks on the laptop?
- Asked by Elizabeth F
- Nov 24, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I manually need to do system checks on the laptop?)
- Asked about: Mac
How can I find the charge status?
- Asked by Alex A
- Oct 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I find the charge status?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…
No answers yet