How well does OSX work with a touch screen monitor?
I have found the iPhone touch screen and voice over technology to be remarkably useful. I am wondering if there is similar technology built into OSX.6 when coupled with a touch screen monitor.
- Asked by Paul A from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does OSX work with a touch screen monitor?)
2 Answers from the Community
Mac OS X works fine with most touch-screen monitors, you just have to make sure you have the correct drivers installed for the monitor. Then it should work fine.
If you would like to see how well a Mac works with a touch-screen though, I do recommend that you look up a website called Troll Touch (A company that specializes in touch-enabled Macs) or Axiotron (A company that make custom-made tablet MacBooks) there are also some good videos about touch-screen Macs on YouTube, so It may be worth your time checking on there!
I personally use a little 15" touch-screen monitor with my iMac, and it works fine! Just be sure to check the compatibility information that comes with your monitor!
- Answered by Ryan T from Mundesley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I know this is an old post, but it is now 2016 and the answer is clearly no. Most touch screen interfaces have standard HID protocols and work on any Win 7 or later PC without any drivers. When you do find drivers for a mac it runs in a mouse emulation state which is clunky and a bad experience. This is one area you are better off using bootcamp or a PC box and find the joy of using touch screens. I use touch screens a lot at work for collaboration and presentations and I just wish I could use one of my Macs, but I have to use a Win 10 box or bootcamp. I wish Apple would get with the times.
- Answered by Jack M B from Buena Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this case work well with screen protectors
- Asked by Michael D from Ajax
- May 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case work well with screen protectors)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 Plus / 6s Plus Leather Cas…
I pod touch to vga monitor... does this work?
- Asked by Larry S from North Vancouver
- Nov 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I pod touch to vga monitor... does this work?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
Does anyone know if I could use this on my VGA monitor as well as then "share screen" on a WebEx call?
- Asked by Holley A from Brooklyn
- Jul 12, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anyone know if I could use this on my VGA monitor as well as then "share screen" on a WebEx call?)
- Asked about: Lightning to VGA Adapter