I bought a Macbook Pro 15" in August 2009. Am I eligible for a free upgrade to Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Dan D from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought a Macbook Pro 15" in August 2009. Am I eligible for a free upgrade to Snow Leopard?)
1 Answer from the Community
I doubt it. Snow Leopard was released in August 2009 at the same time you bought your MacBook, so you may have had an offer from a vendor that was available back then. But that was 3.5 years ago. (And even it the offer was still available, you will likely need your receipt with the date of purchase.)
There was also a program to upgrade to Snow Leopard for free in order to entice Mac owners to move to Lion. However, this free upgrade program expired on June 15, 2012. Do an internet search for "upgrade-your-old-mac-to-snow-leopard-for-free" for more details.
So your alternative is to buy Snow Leopard. The price has dropped. Instead of costing $30, it is now only $20. (A far cry from the $130 of previous versions such as Leopard.)
At $20, it is a very good price.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is the upgrade from snow leopard to lion free?
- Asked by Philip S from Cincinnati
- Oct 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is the upgrade from snow leopard to lion free?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Is this the product for connecting a 15" MacBookPro to an LCD projector?
- Asked by Brent K from Ithaca
- Dec 18, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the product for connecting a 15" MacBookPro to an LCD projector?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter