I have a iMac5,1 (Intel Core 2 Dui) and i'm running OSX 10.5.8. can i update for snow leopard if i instal snow leopard first?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
SMC Version (system): 1.9f4
1 Answer from the Community
You can install Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) on your Mac and then do Software Updates (under the Apple Menu) to bring it up to OS 10.6.8.
Lion (OS 10.7) is also supported by your Mac, but Mountain Lion (OS 10.8) is not supported.
If you plan to upgrade to Lion, you used to go to the App Store to download and install (or buy a flash drive with the Lion installer on it). To access the App Store you had to have at least OS 10.6.6 already installed. However, Lion is no longer at the App Store and one needs to call Apple Customer Service to get it.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?
- Asked by Martin B
- Dec 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Do I need to pay for snow leopard AND lion in order to jump from osx 10.5.8 to lion (although I will not practically be using snow leopard)?
- Asked by Cerasel A from San Francisco
- Feb 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to pay for snow leopard AND lion in order to jump from osx 10.5.8 to lion (although I will not practically be using snow leopard)?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)