I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8- Processor 2.66ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 Memory gb 800 mhz. Need a 10.6 to update it. Is OK SnowLeopard MacOSX10.6?
2 Answers from the Community
Snow Leopard (which is same as Mac OS 10.6) will install on this Mac. Snow Leopard simply requires a Mac with Intel processor and 1GB of memory.
(FYI: Snow Leopard may not install on Macs released in 2011 and later, but your Mac is definitely older if running OS 10.5.8 and has Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Snow Leopard will likely run on newer Macs, but will not install on these Macs.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Snow Leopard is Mac OS X 10.6.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8 and i want to update what should i do?
- Asked by Yariana F from Wesley Chapel
- Jul 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8 and i want to update what should i do?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can I upgrade the mac I currently have? Running 10.5.8
- Asked by Elizabeth R from I Lion
- May 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade the mac I currently have? Running 10.5.8)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)