I have a macbook pro and I just replaced a dead hard drive. I have no original discs, can I still buy Snow Leopard and perform a fresh install?
This was a gift and I lost all discs and documentation when I moved. The hard drive died a couple of days ago and had to replace it. Can I perform a fresh install with the $39 Snow Leopard?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, the upgrade DVD will perform a fresh install - it does not require any existing installed OS. The terms of the upgrade license require that you own Leopard, which you do even if the CDs are lost.
It will not include the iLife apps that your restore discs would also have installed. You can contact Apple Customer Service to order a set of replacement original restore CDs, or buy the latest '09 version.
One more thing - if you act now it's only $29 (or even if you act later).
- Answered by Douglas G from Baltimore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I connect a hard drive to the usb port
- Asked by Nicholas P from Seattle
- Dec 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect a hard drive to the usb port)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?
- Asked by John B from Astoria
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Will the Magic Trackpad 2 work through the USB/Lightning cable without Bluetooth functionality.
- Asked by Michael A from Fair Oaks
- Mar 6, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Trackpad 2 work through the USB/Lightning cable without Bluetooth functionality.)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2