I have an Mac Pro 2009 and a MacBook Pro. Can I install Snow Leopard on both using the one disk? Or do I have to purchase two versions of Snow Leopard
1 Answer from the Community
A single disk can be used to install Snow Leopard on multiple Macs, however you should have a license for each Mac and the only way to obtain a license is to purchase the Snow Leopard disk. Think of it this way: the disk is only the medium, the license is $19.99.
Make sure that your Macs were not released AFTER OS 10.7 (Lion) was released. Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) may not support Macs that were released after Lion was released. Lion was released July 20, 2011, so your 2009 Mac Pro should be okay. There were some MacBook Pro models released after July 2011, so I would be cautious with these models.
I have an iMac model that was released on May 3, 2011, but I purchased from the Apple Store, refurbished, in 2013 with OS 10.8 preinstalled. The Snow Leopard disk would not install on it, but the iMac will run Snow Leopard from a disk that had been connected to a 2006 iMac and had Snow Leopard installed by the 2006 iMac.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is snow leopard included with macbook pro?
- Asked by Brett M from Hobbema
- Nov 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is snow leopard included with macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Mac
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- Aug 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Can I purchase a mac mini but have snow leopard disc and install not Lion
- Asked by Sue D from Tamworth
- Jun 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I purchase a mac mini but have snow leopard disc and install not Lion)
- Asked about: Mac