I have maverick can i install leopard
- Asked by Krzysztof S
- Flag as inappropriate (I have maverick can i install leopard)
2 Answers from the Community
There are times one needs to install an older version of the operating system in order to run an older program or make use of an older driver. Depending on how new your Mac is, you may not be able to install Snow Leopard directly. Test to find out.
Even though the installer may not work, it may be possible to RUN Snow Leopard on a newer Mac. Go to another similar but older Mac, install Snow Leopard on a partition that is about 8 to 12 gb in size. If partition is on an external drive, simply connect to newer Mac, restart and hold option key, and select the Snow Leopard partition to start up from. See if Snow Leopard works.
(You can also use Disk Utility to DMG the partition, and then RESTORE to a partition on newer Mac.)
I had to do this on my 2011 iMac. I purchased with Mountain Lion. The Snow Leopard installer did not work, but was able to use Snow Leopard by doing installation on an older iMac and transferring the partition to newer Mac. I have a $2000 scanner that has no drivers available for Operating Systems after OS 10.6.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It wouldn't make sense to install Leopard (OS X 10.5) if you already have Mavericks (OS X 10.9).
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can i use it with Mavericks?
- Asked by Kevin H
- Jan 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use it with Mavericks?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
No answers yet
what is the benefit for upgrading from snow leopard to lion, mountain lion, or maverick??
- Asked by Erik S from Hampstead
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the benefit for upgrading from snow leopard to lion, mountain lion, or maverick??)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
can airport extreme run on mavericks?
- Asked by Michele M from Bear Creek Township
- Dec 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport extreme run on mavericks?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme