I have Microsoft Windows, Excel and powerpoint for mac running on Mac OS X 10.5.8. If i upgrade to Snow Leopard will these programs still run?
2 Answers from the Community
If an application ran in 10.5.8 (or even 10.4), it will run in Snow Leopard.
(The exception is some printer and scanner drivers... that are usually upgraded automatically when Snow Leopard is installed, otherwise you need to find an upgrade from the manufacturer.)
WORD, Excel and PowerPoint for Mac will run under Snow Leopard. (I'm using Office 2004 myself).
Windows will run under Apple's Boot Camp, Parallels or VMware Fusion (although you may need upgrades for these programs to be compatible with Snow Leopard).
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
All of those programs should continue to run. Run Microsoft autoupdate first, though.
- Answered by Matthew M from Pleasanton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I'm still on Snow Leopard OS on my Mac and want to use this new Time Capsule to do a full backup BEFORE upgrading to Mountain Lion OS X. Can I do it?
- Asked by N.a. L
- Jun 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm still on Snow Leopard OS on my Mac and want to use this new Time Capsule to do a full backup BEFORE upgrading to Mountain Lion OS X. Can I do it?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?
- Asked by Martin B
- Dec 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …