I have no operating system on my IMAC 11 can I still install Snow leopard
- Asked by Warren B from Cannonvale
- Flag as inappropriate (I have no operating system on my IMAC 11 can I still install Snow leopard)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, your iMac should be able to start up from the Snow Leopard DVD.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If your iMac did not come with Operating System disks, and your iMac was originally sold before the release of Lion (OS 10.7) in July 2011, you "should" be able to install Snow Leopard from the retail disk.
The iMac11,1 was released in October 2009, and the iMac11,2 and iMac11,3 were released in July 2010. So all of these models "should" fully support Snow Leopard and allow its installation.
(I say "should" above as I purchased a refurbished iMac12,2 from Apple after Mountain Lion was released. The refurbished iMac came with Mountain Lion and would not allow Snow Leopard to install. However, I managed a work-a-round to get Snow Leopard on a partition on that iMac. Snow Leopard runs well. I needed to run a scanner which is not supported by OS 10.7 or later, so I when I need to use the scanner, I switch to Snow Leopard. Otherwise I work with Mountain Lion.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?
- Asked by Lynn Q from Harriston
- Oct 16, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Is this compatible with Windows operating system?
- Asked by Pradeep Kumar S from Kingsville
- Feb 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with Windows operating system?)
- Asked about: HORIPAD ULTIMATE Wireless Game Cont…
can i use this on 10.4.11 operating system
- Asked by Kenneth M from Hopewell Junction
- Mar 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this on 10.4.11 operating system)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
No answers yet