If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?
I am looking to upgrade to OS X 10.6, but the other macbook that I wish to update to 10.6 is in Brisbane, whereas I am in Sydney. Will the software allow both Macbooks to upgrade?
1 Answer from the Community
The software will upgrade both, BUT the license does not allow the Family Pack to be used on computers in separate households, unless used by a student of that household who is living on-campus.
Apple's Family Pack License and definition of a household is as follows:
Family Pack License. If you have purchased a Family Pack license, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you are granted a limited nonexclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-branded computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that same household. By "household" we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium, but shall also extend to student members who are primary residents of that household but residing at a separate on-campus location. The Family Pack License does not extend to business or commercial users.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Are two players able to play at the same time? Not sure if I need to buy two controllers for the family.
- Asked by Rob D from South Jordan
- Dec 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Are two players able to play at the same time? Not sure if I need to buy two controllers for the family.)
- Asked about: SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Gaming …
Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos
- Asked by Nicolas S from Mount Vernon
- Jul 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- Aug 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…