Is it possible to download and enter the serial number from the disc I bought at Apple? It's been scratched and won't work.
I purchased OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on disc at the apple store. Unfortunately it was left out and got scratched before I could install it on all my machines. Is it possible to download it and enter my serial code? Or do I have to drive in LA traffic and pay for another copy??
2 Answers from the Community
As far as I know there is no legally available download for Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The DVD does not have a serial number. You may be looking at the part number.
Buy from the online Apple Store and have it delivered to your home at no extra charge.
(replace each "DOT" with ".")
Note: Unless the licensing has changed for Snow Leopard, when you purchase the single license DVD, it is to be installed on a single Mac (even though it can be installed on many Macs from a single DVD). However, you are allowed several installations to separate partitions on the same Mac. The discontinued Family Pack DVD allowed installation on up to 5 different Macs in a household.
With Lion and later the licensing changed to allow installation on as many Macs as you have.
Try creating a DMG image (using Disk Utility) of one of your Snow Leopard installations, and RESTORING to a partition on the hard drive of your remaining Mac(s).
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Why won't this keyboard model work with Panther? I bought this and I have the Panther OS which I'm going to install. I have defected from Windows.
- Asked by Robert P from Rocky Hill
- Oct 13, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Why won't this keyboard model work with Panther? I bought this and I have the Panther OS which I'm going to install. I have defected from Windows.)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Does this just replicate the number keys on the keyboard or is it a "true" keypad?
- Asked by Donald J from Vancouver
- Sep 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this just replicate the number keys on the keyboard or is it a "true" keypad?)
- Asked about: Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless …
Will this charger work with my aluminum macbook serial number: W890522Z1B5? and if so, should i get 60W or 85W?
- Asked by Orion K from West Leechburg
- Oct 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charger work with my aluminum macbook serial number: W890522Z1B5? and if so, should i get 60W or 85W?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…