Is there any way to upgrade the ibook g4 10.5 with powerpc processor?
3 Answers from the Community
No, that's as far as you can go with a PowerPC processor. It's time for a new Mac.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Unfortunately no. OS 10.5 is the furthest a G4 processor can go.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Unfortunately no. Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard is the highest operating system supported by PowerPC hardware, which your iBook G4 has. Your best bet would be to try and find a good deal on a used MacBook with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo processor to be more up-to-date. Good luck!
- Answered by Alan T from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Do I have to have Bluetooth on my Mac? I have an eMac (April 2004/5) with 10.5.8 but does not have Bluetooth. It runs on a PowerPC G4 Processor.
- Asked by Lesley L
- Nov 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to have Bluetooth on my Mac? I have an eMac (April 2004/5) with 10.5.8 but does not have Bluetooth. It runs on a PowerPC G4 Processor.)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
Will it work with a G4 OS10.5.8 powerPC
- Asked by John B
- Jul 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with a G4 OS10.5.8 powerPC)
- Asked about: G-Technology 1TB G-DRIVE mini High-…
No answers yet