2 Answers from the Community
"Snow Leopard" is Apple's codename for OS 10.6.
The disc may actually be OS 10.6.3, but when installed, simply go to the Apple Menu and select Software Update and it will update to OS 10.6.8.
(Note: Some internet references indicate that it is not recommended to attempt to "downgrade" a Mac introduced after the release of Lion, as Snow Leopard may not support all features of the newer hardware.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's probably 10.6.3. After installing this you can use Software Update to upgrade to 10.6.8.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
does it work with mac os 10.6.8
- Asked by Clare M from Kelowna
- Sep 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with mac os 10.6.8)
- Asked about: Magic Mouse 2
does it work with os 10.6.8
- Asked by Robert S from Oakley
- Nov 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with os 10.6.8)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Does this work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Cale D from Waterloo
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme