My Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11 has memory of 512 MB 667 MHz RAM. Is this not enough to install Leopard? What's the solution
3 Answers from the Community
If you are refering to Snow Leopard then the answer is no. However you can upgrade your computers RAM depending on the model. Go to the online store and select Mac accesories on the left, then select Memory, then select your model (don't bother if your Mac is not intel based)
Select your model and buy another 512MB Ram chip if you can. I recommend getting a 2gig chip
- Answered by David M from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
For Snow Leopard an Intel chip is required. Go to the Apple icon drop-down menu and click on about this mac. If it says Intel then you have passed the most important test. Your 512mb ram is not enough. You need 1000mb ram (random access memory) and can log onto an online seller and select your model. Just type in mac memory to a search engine. It will probably be worth all the work because your mac will run better.
- Answered by Samuel R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
My Macbook worked with Leopard and 512MB, but when I went to Snow Leopard I had to increase RAM to 1GB for the install to work.
All went perfect after that.
- Answered by Jon W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have an early 2006 I mac core 2 duo (512MB of RAM) running OS10 tiger can I upgrade the memory for more RAM to install snow Leopard?
- Asked by James B from Prince George
- Sep 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an early 2006 I mac core 2 duo (512MB of RAM) running OS10 tiger can I upgrade the memory for more RAM to install snow Leopard?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 4GB 1866MHz DDR…
Will it work with OS X 10.4.11
- Asked by Luz S. T from Alice
- Jul 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with OS X 10.4.11)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
What is the latest model of mac mini that I can install Mac OS 10.4.11
- Asked by Carol J T from Highland Park
- Jan 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the latest model of mac mini that I can install Mac OS 10.4.11)
- Asked about: Mac