Questions about Upgrading Macbook OS in light of IOS 7
Like a lot of others I am running my Macbook on 10.5.8, and now with the latest update for the iPhone I have to consider updating my OS so I can download the new iTunes and in turn sync my iPhone.
If I do this will I have to purchase iWorks again?
If I do this can I go directly to Mountain Lion?
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
I have been considering upgrading my memory and hard drive of late, so perhaps this is the time to do it.
2 Answers from the Community
iWorks will still be on your computer.
You can go directly to 10.8 once you have 10.6. Be sure to verify with each OS's tech specs.
- Answered by Adam G from Pulaski
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You will not have to purchase iWork again if you upgrade to 10.6 Snow Leopard. However, you might choose to update one or more of the individual apps anyway, since they are only $20 each in the Mac App Store.
After you install 10.6 Snow Leopard, you will be able to update to 10.6.8 for free. This will also install the Mac App Store and you'll be able to purchase and install 10.8 Mountain Lion. Keep in mind that Mountain Lion no longer supports legacy apps written for PowerPC, so iWork will still run but other old software might not.
If you do decide to upgrade to Mountain Lion, a memory upgrade to 4GB would make sense.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what is the benefit for upgrading from snow leopard to lion, mountain lion, or maverick??
- Asked by Erik S from Hampstead
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the benefit for upgrading from snow leopard to lion, mountain lion, or maverick??)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
My question exactly.....Can they be hardwired?
- Asked by Frank G from Danville
- Mar 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (My question exactly.....Can they be hardwired?)
- Asked about: Philips Friends of Hue LightStrips
Is there a ios 7 upgrade for the iphone 3
- Asked by Eric E from Plaucheville
- Apr 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a ios 7 upgrade for the iphone 3)
- Asked about: iPhone