What can I do with my old 10.5.8 power PC G5? Is there an upgrade out there for this system? I don't want to trash it it works fine!!!
1 Answer from the Community
10.5.8 is the last version of OS X to work on any Power PC Mac. Regrettably that also locks it out of the latest versions of Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
I have an old (2003!) PowerBook G4 that is also stuck on Leopard... it is amazing that it was fully supported up to the end of 2011 (when 10.7 Lion was released)..... (8 years of productive, supported computing from a laptop is a good effort). I hang onto it because it is almost a collectors item - it can run OS 9 and OS X 10.2 through to 10.5!
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?
- Asked by Martin B
- Dec 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Wireless Keyboard. I have a Mac PC G5 with Leopard 10.5.8 and the answers given on how to delete forward do not work any suggestions.
- Asked by Harris E from Lansing
- Jan 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Wireless Keyboard. I have a Mac PC G5 with Leopard 10.5.8 and the answers given on how to delete forward do not work any suggestions.)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English