What version does the Snow Leopard install disk install? What is the easiest way to install 10.6.8 on a new Macintosh? (I need Rosetta)
I may soon buy a new MacBook Pro, but they are shipping with Lion and I need Rosetta. I can buy a Snow Leopard install disk, but what version does it install? I heard it was 10.6.5. It will be a nuisance, taking extra time and several reboots, to update from 10.6.5 to 10.6.8, which I may have to do several times over the lifetime of the computer.
1 Answer from the Community
Just purchased Snow Leopard from Apple to upgrade from OSX 10.5.8. Box says the version is 10.6.3. However, I'm having a bit of a problem installing it on a MacBook Pro since the machine will not load the software from the DVD. My intention is to eventually upgrade to Mountain Lion when available.
- Answered by Richard A from Sammamish
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can mountain lion share startup disc with mountain lion or can i install mountain lion on external disk to boot up. i need to keep my snow leopard
- Asked by Stephen R
- Apr 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can mountain lion share startup disc with mountain lion or can i install mountain lion on external disk to boot up. i need to keep my snow leopard)
- Asked about: Mac
Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?
- Asked by Marcelle D S from Boerne
- Nov 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme