when install snow leopard will it take off the old operating system
Will it take off the entire old OS and free up that hard drive space.
- Asked by Keith C from New Albany
- Flag as inappropriate (when install snow leopard will it take off the old operating system)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, Installing Snow Leopard with remove integral parts of Leopard and replace them with much improved version of 10.6. Snow Leopard is a trimmer and more efficient installation of the Operating System, so expect to see more space on your hard drive, not only from the new calculations of the size of the volume, but also from the removal of legacy code from the Leopard components no longer needed in Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Larry P from Little Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
For a more efficient install, make a clean install rather than just clicking upgrade. This way lesser conflicts will arise. On this process you have to back-up all your files in TM because a clean install would need a wipe out of your hard drive using disk utility. Then restore your old files using migration assistant.
- Answered by Richard F from Petersburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Patrick C from Savannah
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is this compatible with Windows operating system?
- Asked by Pradeep Kumar S from Kingsville
- Feb 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with Windows operating system?)
- Asked about: HORIPAD ULTIMATE Wireless Game Cont…
mac air with no operating system. how can I install Lion
- Asked by Abraham T F
- Apr 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (mac air with no operating system. how can I install Lion)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?
- Asked by Lynn Q from Harriston
- Oct 16, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …