Which Version can I upgrade to if I am at Version Mac OS X Version 10.5.8? can I download Version 10.9
I am using Apple Laptop since 2010 and it is Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 and I want to upgrade it to the latest version of software upgrades.
2 Answers from the Community
You will need to research whether OS10.9 supports your "Apple Laptop" model (see below *).
If so, then do the following:
Install Snow Leopard and do software updates to bring Snow Leopard up to OS 10.6.8. This will give you the App Store app, through which you can download OS 10.9. (Please note that Snow Leopard is only available on disk, so you will need to order Snow Leopard from the online Apple Store (which is different from the App Store).)
* Following is quote from Wikipedia of Mac models officially supported by OS 10.9:
OS X Mavericks is compatible with all Macs that are capable of running OS X Mountain Lion; as with Mountain Lion, 2 GB of RAM, 8 GB of available storage, and OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or later are required.
The full list of compatible models:
mid-2007 or newer iMac
aluminum MacBook, 2009 or newer polycarbonate MacBook
2007 or newer MacBook Pro
late-2008 or newer MacBook Air
2009 or newer Mac Mini
2008 or newer Mac Pro
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You will have to buy OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard first. After installing this, and any pending Software Updates, you will have the Mac App Store, which gives you access to later versions of OS X.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how can i update my imac os x version 10.5.8
- Asked by Brenda S
- Apr 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i update my imac os x version 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
can i download a new OS if I currently have version 10.5.8?
- Asked by Jamie V from Scituate
- Jun 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i download a new OS if I currently have version 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Mac
i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?
- Asked by Jerry Osagie S from Barcelona
- Jan 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)